Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Cutest Christmas Card Of All



Unicorns and Rainbows!!
I find that the most aggressive Christmas assaults seem to occur the closer that we get to the holiday (which, I’m not sure if anyone knows this, is supposed to be about celebrating the birth of Christ, not spending your life’s savings); the guy standing outside of Walmart ringing that little bell now follows me directly from my car to the front entrance of the store and my television is INSISTING that the happiness of my holidays is absolutely dependent of the purchase on every single item that is advertised.

But, perhaps the most telling sign of the impending festivities is the sudden barrage of Christmas cards that I’ve been receiving in the mail, the family photo Christmas cards to be more precise.


Every year as Christmas approaches, I begin to build a collection of cute, glossy Christmas photos on my refrigerator from various friends and family members, all of them featuring cute kids and  a cute holiday message from the family who sent it. While I never had the opportunity to send one of those out myself, I vowed last year while I was pregnant that come Christmas 2011 I would out-cute them all.

Fast forward to 2011, and not only have I yet to go pick up my daughters 1 month photos from the photographer, but her birth announcements are still sitting in the back of my closet. And, to top it off, all of the cute cards that I swore I’d outdo? Somehow they seemed to have gotten even cuter this year. So now, every time I walk into my kitchen, they stare at me, mocking me with their cuteness, reminding me that when it comes to family photos I'm a bad mother and that my child will never have these kind of cute memories to look back on.

I’m not sure if it’s just laziness or perhaps maybe the Jewish miser in me that keeps me from doing these typical mother things (probably a combination of both), but after pondering it for a while I realized that it’s really kind of selfish of me. So, since I know that I probably won’t ever get around to actually mailing any out, I’ve decided to specially make a card for all of my family and friends out there and post it up, this way everyone knows that I haven’t forgotten them and that I really want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.


From my family to yours…Merry Christmas :)



2 comments:

  1. That is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. It's a great way to get a family photo; just take the best pictures of all of us and smoosh them all together!

    ReplyDelete